END OF YEAR
We have had a fantastic time in Year 1.
We hope you have a safe Summer and we look forward to seeing you in September.
Class Teachers: Ms Newell and Mr Tedaldi
Teaching Assistants: Mrs Blackmore, Mrs Lloyd and Miss Williams
This Summer Term our topic is ‘Wriggle & Crawl’
The project has a science focus and teaches children about mini beasts and their habitats. At the heart of the project children will learn to write poems using rhyme and learn additional skills in labelling and captions. In the Innovate Stage children will apply their skills and understanding by attending the Ugly Bug Ball.
In this project the children will learn:
• Important facts about the life cycles of mini beasts, and how mini beasts live in their habitats;
• How to use research skills to find information – using non-fiction books and the Internet;
• How to measure and collect information accurately;
• To design and make a mask;
• How to compose music and sounds to fit with words;
• How to use a range of instruments to perform music;
• How to write a piece of poetry including using rhyme.
Friday 18th July
The children and teaching staff have had an amazing journey in Year 1, and we have enjoyed every minute of it. On Wednesday was 'Pencaerau's Got Talent'. Our entry was Sophie, Kyla, Serena, Ruby and Declan singing 'Calon Lan'. They sung their hearts out but were eventually beaten by Michael Jackson from Year 3.
On Tuesday we made the most of the nice weather and had a picnic outside.
We winded down this week by clearing out our trays and taking some of our work home. We had our own Sports Day medal ceremony in which we finally got our medals (Photos in folder below). To top off a wonderful year we also watched our class favourite film 'Frozen' and ate cake. We would like to say a big thank you to all children for making our time as teaching staff a really fun one. We would also like to thank the parents for their continued support and also for bringing in cards and gifts. We wish you a safe Summer, and we look forward to seeing you in September where your new class Teacher will be Mrs O'Neil.