Welcome to Year One's class page.
Croeso i'r Blwyddyn Un.
Teacher: Mr Williams
Teaching Assistant: Ms Campbell Jones and Mrs Davies
'Wriggle and Crawl!'
This terms topic is called 'Wriggle and Crawl!' This project has a science focus and teaches children about mini beasts and their habitats. At the heart of this project children will learn to write poems using rhyme and learn additional skills in labelling and captions.
In this project the children will learn:
• Important facts about the life cycles of mini beasts, and how mini beasts live in their habitats;
• How to use research skills to find information - using non-fiction books and the Internet;
• How to measure and collect information accurately;
• To design and make a mask;
• How to compose music and sounds to fit with words;
• How to use a range of instruments to perform music;
• How to write a piece of poetry including using rhyme.
Our topic this term is ‘Marvellous Me’ We will be learning all about ourselves, including how we have grown since we were babies, our family trees, things that are special to us, our senses and our bodies, as well as lots of other exciting things! We will be learning through a mix of structured activities, guided and independent play in both the indoor and outdoor environments.