Welcome to Year 5's Class Page
Croeso i'r Blwyddyn 5
Teacher: Mr Williams
Teaching Assistant: Mrs Romanelli
This project has a science focus and teaches children about the
changing state of materials including solids, liquids and gases. At the
heart of this project children write autobiographies and biographies
of famous scientists and develop additional skills in recording
investigations and fair tests using scientific formats and vocabulary.
In the Innovate Stage children apply their skills and understanding
by creating their own products to sell in the gift shop ‘Potions’ using
what they have learnt about materials and their changing properties.
In this project the children will learn:
• About processes which change the state of a range of materials
including freezing, melting, boiling, drying, dissolving and burning;
• How materials can be separated by filtering and sieving;
• How we use these processes in our everyday lives;
• How to carry out fair tests and investigations;
• About the features of autobiographical and biographical writing
and how to use these to write about themselves and others;
• How to carry out tests and investigations safely and with attention
• How to use maths including measures and money in a real life
Class 5 have been using iMovies to create their own movie trailers. The children worked in groups and came up with ideas for their movies, directed and recorded the scenes, acted and edited the films to create some excellent trailers. These will be added shortly.
Watch out Spielberg!
Congratulations to Year Five on their fantastic class assembly which took place today, (Friday 10th November.)
After weeks of hard work during their rehearsals the children took to the stage and performed superbly. They delivered their lines clearly and confidently, knew when they needed to speak and sang the songs beautifully and enthusiastically.
I'd like to thank the parents for their support.
Well done Year Five!